Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Zeeba starts agility class

Hi, Zeeba here: I've had fun the last two days! Sunday Mom took me to a match show to parade around like a "pretty dog". Well I had a hard time behaving myself because my Uncle Andrew Corgi was there and I thought we could just have a play date. No such luck. I had to trot around and up and down and pose on a table but I was the only sheltie puppy there so I got Best of Breed. Didn't win the sweepstakes tho cuz I was having trouble keeping all four feet in contact wilth the ground when we gaited--DARN.
Then last night I went to my first agility class where I wasn't just a sistant. I got to skip Introduction to Obstacles and started in Obstacles II because of what I learned helping Mom teach Foundations class. And guess what??? the teacher was a friend I already know called Heidi. She makes sure I SIT for greeting. The first night was just a review of what I already know with four stations: one for the pause box, one for tunnels, one for jumps (I have to do them real low because I'm still young) and one for flat work--this is hardest for me because when Mom runs fast I can't resist trying to herd her--it's just in my blood and besides I am being raised with a border collie. Heidi calls this "shadow handling" and I didn't see any shadows cuz we were inside but I still wanted to jump up and catch mom--so Heidi said GAME OVER and I had to stop. I did good with the "equipment" tho because I've been practicing that at home.
Mom didn't take any pictures at class because the flash from the camera might disturb the other dogs so here's some pictures taken at home:

I do an automatic DOWN on the pause table.



I run fast to the end of the see saw and stop really nice and wait till I'm told I can go on.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Z sheltie dog,
    You are very lucky that your mom takes to to such a class that does foundations and shadow handling. My mom says I might be able to be in competitions now if only that type of thing had been offered in our area. Now I am in remedial training and mom is too!
    ArthurGOOD!

    ReplyDelete